A professional emcee has a goal and a role. The goal is to make sure your meeting attendees are relaxed and comfortable, yet energized and inspired, in an ideal state of mind to engage in important conversations or to learn new information.
The role is to keep elements of your meeting in a strategic context, to see how the pieces weave together in a coherent tapestry of ideas. An emcee ensures your guest speakers feel at ease, valued, respected and cared for; they keep your meeting on time, yet remain flexible enough to follow conversations responsively, if they’re generating value.
With a skilled emcee literally running the show, your time is freed up to focus exclusively on the content of your meeting or event, without having to worry about the process. As your emcee, I will:
- Spend time well in advance of your event to understand the objective(s) of your meeting and what the ideal outcome(s) look like
- Invest time to understand your industry and where your organization fits
- Connect with the speakers (internal or external) to establish a good working relationship
- Agree with the speakers on how to best position them and introduce their topic
- Show up early to your meeting
- Provide a clear bridge from one speaker or element to another
- Ensure that the maximum value from meeting time is realized
- Be entertaining without being an entertainer
Focus on the content and participants of your event. Let me handle the flow onstage.
Client perspectives can be seen on my Testimonials page.